City Seeking Volunteers to Serve on Advisory Boards
Post Date: 01/26/2021 11:02 AM
Volunteer board members provide vital input to the Melbourne City Council on important local issues and have the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to their community.
The City of Melbourne is currently recruiting interested citizens to serve on the following advisory boards. For more information and to apply, contact the City Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-608-7220.
- The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee reviews established policies and procedures, ordinances, land development regulations and the Comprehensive Plan of the City and recommends specific actions or initiatives to encourage or facilitate affordable housing. Melbourne residency is not required. The committee meets quarterly.
- The Babcock Street Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council for the Babcock Street Redevelopment Area. Members are Melbourne residents or are engaged in business within the redevelopment area. The committee meets on the fourth Wednesday in February, April, June, August, October, and December.
- The Code Enforcement Board promotes, protects and improves the health, safety and welfare of Melbourne’s citizens and enhances property values by enforcing City of Melbourne codes, applying appropriate remedies, and promoting compliance. Melbourne residency is required. The board meets every six weeks.
- The Olde Eau Gallie Riverfront Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Committee acts in an advisory capacity to the City Council for the Olde Eau Gallie Riverfront Community Redevelopment Area. Duties include preparation of recommended plans and modifications for redevelopment in the area. Members are Melbourne residents or are engaged in business within the redevelopment area. The board meets every other month.
- The Zoning Board of Adjustment considers appeals in the enforcement of the Zoning Code and authorizes in specific cases a variance from the terms of the Zoning Code. Must be resident of Melbourne.