Space Coast Association of REALTORS® Foundation Director position open
Several years ago, our Association established a Charitable Foundation and this foundation has its own Board of Directors. This Board meets quarterly to approve requests for funds from local IRS qualified 501(c)3 Charities. These members are appointed for 3-year staggered terms. We will be filling 1 vacancy on this Board of Directors. If you would like to be considered for a position on our Foundation’s Board of Directors, please submit your name and any personal qualifications you would like to share with the Board of Directors to support your interest.
Please submit your interest in serving by October 12, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Our Board of Directors will be filling these positions on the Foundation Board during their October 14 meeting. Please submit your name and any supporting comments to Leah.Selig@space321.com.
Since the inception of our Brevard Children & Families in Need Fundraising Committee efforts we have raised over $850,000 for Space Coast children and families experiencing poverty and homelessness. The money raised has helped the Space Coast Association of REALTORS Foundation provide the following:
- Family Promise of Brevard; we have helped 600 people get into homes through their “Help Us Move In” program.
- YoureTheKey.org; we have helped to raise awareness to the homeless crisis in Brevard with the support of You’re the Key Campaign.
- The Children’s Hunger Project and the South Brevard Sharing Center; we have helped to make sure no child goes hungry on the weekends or during the summer months.
- Eckerd Connects; We have helped at risk children by providing bags of hope and prevention programs with the Raising Hope program.
- Brevard Schools Foundation, investing in young minds; We have given children the opportunity to go to school and learn a path to success, provided for after school care and a safe place to go, back to school supplies and stocking the supply zone for our Brevard County Teachers.
- Take Stock in Children; We have helped to provide college funding for children at risk (identified during their 6th and 9th grades in school), for those that college was not an option, if they fulfill their part of the bargain it is now.
To learn more about Space Coast Association of Realtors Foundation click here