Update From MLB Airport’s Executive Director:
MLB Open and Operational, Modified Office Hours, Executive Order 20-82
As we continue to navigate through this unprecedented and challenging time, Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB) remains dedicated to its duty as an airport and community asset. Below are a few updates from MLB:
- MLB IS OPEN AND OPERATIONAL, SEES REDUCTION IN COMMERCIAL AIR SERVICE. Every industry has been affected by this worldwide pandemic, especially the airline industry. Delta Air Lines and American Airlines have continued their services between MLB and Atlanta, Charlotte and Philadelphia, but both airlines continue to make daily decisions on selectively reducing frequency. For updates regarding your flight or airline policies regarding COVID-19, visit AA.com or Delta.com.
- TEAM MLB IS STILL HARD AT WORK. The airport’s public safety, operations and maintenance teams are on duty and working hard to ensure the safety and efficiency of MLB’s airfield, terminal and tenant operations. The remainder of staff have continued functioning with a shift to working remotely and the use of digital communication.
- MODIFIED OPERATING HOURS FOR AIRPORT ADMINISTRATION OFFICES. Until further notice, MLB’s Administrative Offices will only be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m until 4 p.m. Airport staff can still be contacted via the main phone number at 321-723-6227 or via email at email@example.com. Emails with a callback phone number are suggested.
- FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-82. Governor DeSantis has issued Executive Order 20-82 directing all persons whose point of departure originates from an area with substantial community spread (to include Connecticut, New Jersey and New York) and entering the State of Florida through airports to isolate or quarantine for a period of 14 days from the time of entry into the State of Florida or the duration of the person's presence in the State of Florida, whichever is shorter. Led by Florida’s Department of Health, the operation is currently focused on major Florida airports with a phased implementation plan underway. Our airport police department is supporting the Department of Health’s planned screening activities in coordination with the National Guard. To view Executive Order 20-82, click here.
- MLB CONTINUES WORKING WITH ITS COMMUNITY AND INDUSTRY PARTNERS. Airport officials are actively working with local, state and federal partners including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Health (DOH), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), City of Melbourne and Brevard County Emergency Management (Brevard EOC) in response to COVID-19.
On behalf of the many dedicated professionals that work behind the scenes to make your traveling experiences at MLB reliable, our efforts are focused on safety.
Teams are working hard 24/7 to provide a consistently sanitized terminal and are combating the threats of COVID-19 so that when you need to travel, we are ready.
Thank you,Greg Donovan, A.A.E., Executive Director